Around this time last year, I wrote about how at each new milestone, I could not imagine parenting getting any better than it was right then. And then it did.
As we came up on Ollie turning two years old, I started thinking about my favorite parenting milestones from the last year.
Some of my it does not get any better than this moments from the last year:
- Stopping whatever he is doing and pointing at the sky and yelling “plane!” every time he hears a noise from above.
- Waking me up in the morning and immediately asking either for a waffle or for an episode of Daniel Tiger on the iPad.
- Giving me a big hug around my neck and saying “I love you, Daddy” every morning when I drop him off at daycare.
- Pointing at the lawnmower in the garage and calling it “Daddy’s vacuum”.
- Running around the house and showing everyone who will listen the puppies on the front of his PJs.
Next year, we are going to get to add a new one to the list. Next year, it is going to be really hard to beat “Watching Oliver grow into being a big brother”.
Carissa and I are excited to announce that baby #2 will be joining the family in January.
My favorite parenting moment in the last few weeks has been asking Ollie if he wants a little brother or sister and listening to him reply sister every time.