Last night at church, out college pastor Adam Barnett talked about ways to simplify your life in our overly complex, digitally centered world. I thought the list was thoughtful and well done, so I figured I would post it here for you all to see.
- Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.
- Avoid anything that is producing addiction in you.
- Develop a habit of giving things away.
- Refuse getting the newest gadget.
- Enjoy things without owning them.
- Develop a deeper appreciation for Creation.
- Don’t buy now to own later.
- Use honest speech.
- Reject anything that causes the oppression of others.
- Rid you life of anything preventing your from seeking The Lord first.